Sorting out Val Studio Part 1

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Jun 20 12:58:13 CDT 2008

On 6/19/08 5:25 PM, "Kay C Lan" <lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Kay,

> 1) It's always good to report the exact configuration you are using, for my
> Mac it's easy:
> Model: MacBookPro1,2, BootROM MBP12.0061.B03, 2 processors, Intel Core Duo,
> 2.16 GHz, 2 GB
> Graphics: kHW_ATIr520Item, ATY,RadeonX1600, spdisplays_pcie_device, 256 MB
> Memory Module: BANK 0/DIMM0, 1 GB, DDR2 SDRAM, 667 MHz
> Memory Module: BANK 1/DIMM1, 1 GB, DDR2 SDRAM, 667 MHz
>
> how do you do this with Val & Studio?
>
> For Studio, in the Mac Finder, if I 'Get Info' on the app, it lists the
> version as 3.3.

3.3 this is mistake I think.
    it needs manual work so sometimes is not updated.

> When Studio is running and I open the 'About Val...' menu, it
> lists:

> Valentina Studio 3.4, Build Sep 24 2007, 22:13:03

This is AUTOMATIC string, so should be more correct.

> For the Valentina engine itself, if I 'Get info' on the v4rev.bundle in the
> External folder of 'My Revolution Studio' it lists the version as 2.5.7.
> <http://2.5.7.>

Again can be wrong.

> If I follow the path to the dbvalentina2 executable, there is
> no version listed, but it shows a created date of 22 Sep 07 (which would be
> when I downloaded it I guess but this is before the date listed above). If I
> used the V4Rev Example stack, under the heading Common is; GetDatabaseVersion,
> running that, and pointing it to the db I've just created with Valentina
> Studio, it correctly reports back the path, but lists the version as: 260

GetDatabaseVersion() returns FORMAT of db files.
    this is not what you need now. Format is not changed from v2.6

So

1) for Valentina Studio

    * open ABOUT DIALOG
    * or open HELP -> PLUGINS
        here for v2 plugin in the SECOND COLUMN if to make it wider
        you can see version of Valentina engine.

2) for ADK as V4REV you can get version of engine using

    Valentina_Version()

You should have something as "3.5.3" or "3.6b20"