SQL error returned in VStudio but not in V4Rb

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Jun 7 11:51:00 CDT 2008

On 6/7/08 9:02 AM, "Balestrieri, John" <jbalestrieri at ap.org> wrote:

Hi John,

> Hello, the following error is returned from VStudio 3.5.2 when I try to
> execute the SQL attached to the bottom of this email:
>
> Error: Kernel error: 0x42508. In the SELECT clause you can use only fields
> listed in the GROUP BY and aggregative functions.

Correct.
    This is required by SQL Standard.

This is often FAQ in fact, please search list archive of Valentina or
google.

---
> This SQL did not produce any errors in VStudio2 or V4Rb2 - versions 2
> through 2.5 beta, in late 2006.

We could make it more strict to follow SQL Standard.

> VStudio 3 is now balking on the command, while V4Rb version 3.5.2 still
> executes it without error and returns a valid Vcursor with a found record
> set.

Impossible because engine must be the same.

Can be only if your e.g. V4RB installation catch mess of dlls,
And in fact may work some old 2.5 dll.

I recommend you to trash vcomponents folder
        /usr/local/lib/vcomponents

And install V4RB again.

Vstudio contains all DLLs inside of own folder, so all DLLs are new.

----
Now about query

Strange is that as I see, all your SELECTed fields, are mentioned in the
GROUP BY.  Ivan, you see mistake? Or we have bug?