Setting system date to yyyy-mm-dd permanently

william humphrey shoreagent at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 14:21:02 CDT 2008

I just read over all the past material on this date thing. As you pointed
out the date format is not stored anywhere and the system date is always
used unless you tell it differently right after opening the database.
So the V4REV reference and WIKI should be changed to show all open database
methods to set the date format immediately after.

My problem is always that I don't know what is the correct way and trial and
error experimentation sometimes gives me mis-leading results.

So anybody that reads these emails later can see that "always set the date
format" is the correct way.