VS eats my SP

Barry G. Sumpter BarrySum at BigPond.Net.AU
Sat Oct 6 16:04:08 CDT 2007

This is how to reproduce the error

Execute this in a sql tab

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE xxx( IN inValue long, Out outValue Long )
BEGIN
      IF inValue > 0 THEN
           inValue = CEIL(inValue);
      END IF
 END

Then
Execute this in another sql tab

 set @inValue = 1.59;
 call xxx( @inValue, @outValue );
 select @outValue;

the results are returned properly

in the 'number of records: 1'  result - click on the white space
- and I get an error or VS freezes

I return to VS and stored procedures are not there.

Other times I create the stored procedure
  - flush DB or restart VS or restart Winxp
    - SP is still there
       - then Execute the 2nd qry and same thing happens - error or freeze
            - then return to VS and the SP is gone

Hth

I'll have to drop my Valentina SP research for now
as I need to move on to other more progressive assignments.