Valentine Studio v3.0.1 - making structure changes and VStudio crashes

Barry G. Sumpter BarrySum at BigPond.Net.AU
Thu May 31 16:45:59 CDT 2007

I must note that when making structure changes and VStudio crashes,
I'll open the same VDB and find that the changes have been made as needed.

The repeated crashes contributes to non-confidence with this product.

-----Original Message-----
From: valentina-studio-bounces at lists.macserve.net
[mailto:valentina-studio-bounces at lists.macserve.net] On Behalf Of Barry G.
Sumpter
Sent: Thursday, 31 May 2007 6:53 AM
To: valentina-studio at lists.macserve.net
Subject: RE: Valentine Studio v3.0.1 - copy Tables to another database

Hi Ruslan

"But why copy to OTHER db ?"

Not exactly copying to another database but building a new one from the
dump.

Well for me, at the moment, this solves issues relating to VStudio,
convert_1_2, and my data.

As previously written, VStudio crashes repeatedly, when making structure
changes.
And the only way to import the XML structure changes with the data is to
create a new db on Load Dump.

hth

I think the term Load Dump is an oxymoron and needs to be changed to
"Re-Load Dumped DB".

Thanks,
    Barry G. Sumpter