VStudio - fields list in logical order?

Barry G. Sumpter BarrySum at BigPond.Net.AU
Wed May 30 15:44:09 CDT 2007

"Check the Table with a warning on the table or field."
There were too many, for me, to make this a viable process at this stage.
I've deduced that the data is causing the warnings.

Even if the check told me exactly what each and every warning sas (not
likely),
I would have to review each and every one individually,
and go from there.
Then make deductive reasonable adjustments to the source vdb etc.
just to get it to convert using a process
(convert_1_2) that I have no control over.

So stepping back,
At the moment I'm just trying to sort out how to do this manually.
But I'll have to automate this for clients.
I can

1) Dump the db structures.
2) Dump the data.
3) Make any modifications to the db structure via XML.
4) Load the Structure Dump onto a new table.

1 to 4 have tested without issue, so far.

6) Make any modifications to the data via XML???
5) Load the Data Dump into the new table???

Anyway I'll be looking at this today.