VStudio - Can I make RecID my Primary Key? - I recommend - NO

Barry G. Sumpter BarrySum at BigPond.Net.AU
Fri Jun 1 02:41:27 CDT 2007

What links PK and FK?

RECORDS.

BinaryLinks also linking RECORDS of 2 tables.

Well for me, that's not how I see it.

I see the practical link as the field values.
I see the generic broader definition of a link
as a field in one table linking to a field in another table.

I don't see the RECORDS linking together, i.e. without the fields and
practical link of field values.

Specifically, I see it as the RecID field (value) in one table
linking to a RecID field (value) in another table
is what makes the BinaryLink work.

More specifically, you can set up the link but without the data in the
fields there is no actual link.
I could set up the link but didn't understand how to actually link or use
the link.

Anyway, don't want to get tied down to these concepts when daylights a
waisin.