Views not visible?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jul 30 04:09:19 CDT 2007

On 30/7/07 12:00 PM, "Danny Lewkin" <daniel.lewkin at cognosis.be> wrote:

Hi Danny,

> Hey Ruslan,
>
> I installed version 3.2 of everything.

ok

> We have the embedded server running in WinXP, and I connect with
> VStudio on my Mac with it.

ok

> When I create a view on the database, which goes ok, I can't see it
> in the schema editor when I select views for a database...
> Am I the only one with that problem, or should I report it into mantis?

You have create VIEW using SQL command.
Even after CREATE TABLE Schema editor do not show immediately new table.

Reason is -- we do not want bomb VSERVER by REFRESH-checks after each
EXECUTE SQL command. No need update schema if this was INSERT.

So just try click REFRESH button in the Toolbar.
This should show new items of schema.

Btw, idea! May be we can do automatic Refresh only when user switch back to
Schema Editor...And make this option to be in preferences...

> Btw, thanks for improving VStudio so quickly, it's nice to see it NOT
> crashing that often anymore ;-)

Glad to hear you are glad :-)

As I have told we have drop more team forces to Valentina studio
to polish it out asap.