Valentina Studio Request

M Young m.young at mac.com
Sun Jan 7 17:43:03 CST 2007

On Jan 7, 2007, at 3:24 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 7/1/07 11:20 PM, "Keith Hutchison" <keith.kjtl.hutchison at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>> In any case you MUST to register into Mantis to be able report
>>> there.
>>
>> Surely it could be handled within UI ?
>
> Probably yes, although I do not see big sense :-)

I am sorry to interrupt this fascinating and wide ranging dialog, but
I currently prefer Ruslan's suggestions of "What about just a menu
item that throw into browser at correct URL? :-)" and his take on the
"within UI" issue.

I would definitely like to minimize Mantis UI stuff in the current
Valentina Studio implementation, unless VS is intended _absolutely_
and _only_ for use by developers. The Valentina Studio interface
should be kept clean and simple for Users. I would not necessarily
want Users putting things into Mantis that their IT support/Developer
did not know about. (I realize that most developers are going to
develop their own database interfaces with their preferred tool for
customers. However, from the Paradigma web site: "It is easy enough
to use by anyone in your office.") Of course pro and consumer
versions of Valentina Studio could be implemented with different
features. (Like Filemaker Pro regular and developer editions, maybe?)
Or Preferences to turn on and off some "developer" features could be
implemented with a Supervisor lock out system so Users could not turn
on stuff they are not supposed to turn on.

I hope some of my input makes sense.

My two cents,

Michael