Feature request. Exporting results from query

Keith Hutchison keith.kjtl.hutchison at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 15:17:11 CST 2007

On 1/8/07, Ruslan Zasukhin <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:
> On 7/1/07 11:04 PM, "Keith Hutchison" <keith.kjtl.hutchison at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > G'day
> >
> > 1. Please implement the ability to send the results of a query to a text file.
>
> >From SQL Editor, right?
>
> > 2. Please implement the ability to send the results of a query to a
> > valentina table.
>
> > Currently we have to export the data externally from valentina studio
> > as a text file and then import.
>
> STOP.
>
> Query to Valentina db and send result into another Valentina table ?
> This can be done directly in SQL as
>
>     INSERT INTO T1 ... SELECT ...

Not from an external datasource ...

> > 3. Please implement the ability to run an SQL statement across
> > multiple datasources.
> >
> > eg
> > insert into valentina.analyserPlus.polls ( select bmsmysql.polls.* )
>
> >From mySQL db into Valentina db ?
>
> This is not easy request...
>
> ODBC datasource, support only Vstudio.  Engine not.
> But SQL parsing do engine ...

simple sql would work like
1. run the sql against the external source ...
2. store results in internal valentina table
3. run import routine from internal table

another way would be to make the valentina table the target for the
result without using a buffer.

--
Keith Hutchison
http://balance-infosystems.com http://realopen.org