[ATTENTION] about Vstudio 3.5 and Older VSERVERS

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Dec 2 12:38:15 CST 2007

Hi All,

I want to drop separate warning message about
    Vstudio 3.5 and Older VSERVERS

Story is next. We getting more and more Valentina developers which develop
with Valentina server big projects that have 50-100 and more tables.

Valentina Studio was slow on such conditions.

Now in 3.5 we have implement LAZY reading of info about schema of database,
as well as remove other bottlenecks, e.g. To not catch slow down from SQL
Editor and its feature of auto-completion, we have add into SQL engine new
and quite unique SQL commands SHOW VKEYWORDS and SHOW IDENTS.

Thanks to all this efforts, now Valentina Studio is much faster on such big
dbs even working with VSERVER.

But payment of this is:
    Vstudio 3.5 send new commands, that do not understand VSERVER 3.0 - 3.4

So if you use VSERVER 3.0 - 3.4 you are forced to use e.g. Vstudio 3.4.
If you upgrade to 3.5 then you need upgrade all products together.

P.S. There is no such issue for LOCAL dbs. You still can open older dbs in
Vstudio...