Configuration and serial number lost after crash

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Sep 25 15:12:04 CDT 2006

On 9/25/06 3:02 PM, "Pierre Rossel" <prossel2 at myrealbox.com> wrote:

Hi Pierre,

> Sometimes Vstudio crashes while trying to execute a bad query.

Btw, please drop us such queries via email or Mantis

> Sometimes, after such a crash, Vstudio has lost the serial number and
> configuration.

> It is not reproducible by killing the application with task manager
> (windows).
>
> It's driving me crazy to have to search and enter the serial number again
> and again.

Do you use 2.4.2 ?

We think that such problem was BEFORE 2.4.2.

In 2.4.2 we have implement that
   * Vstudio write PREFS into NEW file with extension .bak
   * If write was successful than files are exchanged.

    if write was bad, then old prefs file is not touched.

So please let us know what version you use?