[VStudio] [NEW] 2.4.2 Query Builder -- check it!

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Sep 18 00:20:47 CDT 2006

Hi All,

I very recommend to everybody download new 2.4.2 Valentina Studio build.

It have cool new feature - Query Builder, like have MS Access and MS SQL.
Right now it is very similar to MS feature, just extended to support
Valentina Links as ObjectPtr and Binary Link.

We have ideas how to significantly improve this Query Builder in the next
release, to be able:
A) solve complex SQL queries that even MS cannot do in bulder.
B) offer to developers even more comfortable diagrams for building of query.
    I will not describe for now how it will looks.

--------------
In wiki we have made few pages about this feature to give you quick start.
It is very easy in use actually.

http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:documen
tation:vstudio:manual:user_interface:sql_builder:sql_builder

Please test this feature intensively and inform us about any glitches you
will find (I hope you wont :-)

Also if you have any ideas how to improve also let us know.

Text that is not in wiki yet:
    you can do option+click or ctrl+click on toolbar buttons
    to show/hide few panes at once.

Enjoy!