2.4b16: unhandled exception 2948

Rob Wingate rwingate at visual-book.com
Wed Jul 12 16:32:01 CDT 2006

When launching 2.4b16, while the splash screen is visible, Visual Studio's
JIT Debugger reports "An unhandled win32 exception occurred in vstudio.exe
[2948]."

I debug in Visual Studio 2005, and see the error is happening in free.c,
line 110.

This happens after I move vs_plugin_kernel_1.dll from plugins_disabled to
plugins. I moved the DLL manually because in the Plugin Manager, when I
double-click vs_plugin_kernel_1.dll's ACTIVE checkbox, the same Visual
Studio error message appears. If I manually move the DLL back to
plugins_disabled, VS launches without an error.

Rob