VS 2.2 text fields

Martin Wright martin at kinetix.co.uk
Fri Feb 24 17:15:22 CST 2006

Hi

My database is 350MB at the moment. I tried to reduce it by removing 3 of
the 4 table and had some other problems - maybe related to the one below.

First I removed the 3 of 4 tables, this worked fine. I can re-open the
database and it all looks OK - although the .blb file is still 310MB.

So I then re-index the db and its still OK - but the .blb file is still
310MB.

Then I Defragment the database and the .blb file is down to 3MB - But all
the data in the fields with datatype 'text' is gone.

If I do the same process as above but 'Compact' insread of 'Defragment' I
get the same result - no data in the fields of datatype 'Text'.

Any ideas?

Martin