[ANN] Valentina Studio 2.2fc7 (Mac) uploaded

M Young m.young at mac.com
Tue Feb 21 20:41:51 CST 2006

On Feb 21, 2006, at 6:39 PM, Kem Tekinay
<ktekinay at mactechnologies.com> wrote:

> On 2/21/06 1:59 PM, Jochen Peters at j.peters at valentina-db.de wrote:
>
>> i have uploaded Valentina Studio 2.2fc7 Mac.
>
> The web site still says fc6.

Kem,

Web site said fc6 for me, but when downloaded it was fc7. This
versioning niggle is a recurring issue.

Why not just publish the dynamically loaded full file name under
"version" column rather than a coded version number and use a
filename scheme like vstudio_mac22fc7.dmg for the filenames? Then one
just clicks on the filename and it downloads. It might cut down on
these recurring questions.

Michael
PS I wondered about the version too when I saw fc6, but I had seen
these versioning niggles posted so many times that I went ahead with
the download and looked at the file.