[VStudio] [NEW] Volume Browser

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Apr 6 17:27:24 CDT 2006

Hi Jochen
Hi All,

Andrey have introduce new feature for Vstudio, Volume Browser.

* to open it - select database and open contextual menu with SHIFT.
    then you will see additional menu item "Volume Browser"

* here you can browse internal embedded files of each volume of your db.
    also possible switch into mode when embedded files are shown
    as part of tables/fields tree.

Future on right panel will be added Hex View, so we will be able look
context of some logical file.

--------
DREAM to have mode where we see contents logically. I.e. If this is VarChar
file then we see strings, for index we see index items. Double dream to be
able edit something on low level :-)

---------
I think mainly this feature is useful for Paradigma Developers. But I think
it is equivalent of "4D Insider" product which did allow look inside of 4D
Database. Anybody have see/use 4D Insider? What features it have to be
useful for normal 4D developers?