Your 3 DREAM FEATURE for Vstudio ?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Jun 18 16:34:08 CDT 2005

On 6/18/05 3:25 PM, "Heinrich Ruoff" <heinrichruoff at gmail.com> wrote:

> ok got it - Load SQL only works when there is a Database already opened

Jochen, I believe this is not correct.

LoadSQL -- do not require existed Valentina db. It create new fresh.
    so dialog must ASK user where to put new db.

> but it doesn't seem to work with my .sql file created for mySQL

Is this file in the UTF8 ?

Then yes, Jochen should add parameter ENCODING for this dialog.

> is there an option to import .sql files to an existing Valentina DB?
> Load SQL always asks for a new filename

Into existing .... We have such option for XML load...

For SQL not remember. Does mySQL allow such operation ?
In the LoadDump() method we have parameter

    kStructureAndData, kDataOnly, kStructureOnly.

I do not see problems implement that if you point kDataOnly,
Then just ignore CREATE TABLE commands, and execute only inserts...

-----
Aha, I have remember one point.

For Relational model it can be danger import into EXISTED db that already
have records, because you can get not-unique kees or Forein keys...

You see?