Double Click - open browser. And more

Ed Kleban Ed at Kleban.com
Fri Dec 23 17:12:47 CST 2005

On 12/23/05 4:46 PM, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:

> On 12/24/05 12:28 AM, "Ed Kleban" <Ed at Kleban.com> wrote:
>
>> I'll send you a new email on that when I get around to writing it up as a
>> proposal.  But you raise an interesting point there.  If you do this
>> correctly, you should be able to backwards as well as forwards.  OR it could
>> be that the desire to do that is simply a non sequitir and in fact is just a
>> general case of "going forward in a different direction" in terms of the
>> interface.  -- which should be a very confusing statement that you don't
>> understand, because I don't I understand it yet either.
>>
>> But consider:
>>
>> If you have a whole bunch of tables, each of which has more than one
>> relationship with other tables, then how do you define forward and backward?
>
> As backward I did mean:
>
>     you jump fr r1 to 2r then to r3 then to r4.
>
> So you see this path
>
>     r1 r2 r3 r4
>
> Now you can click r2 to return back into that point.
>
> I did not mean SEARHC backward.

Yeah, so we're talking about a traversing backward through the navigation
history.  That's cool.

But there IS another concept which does make sense for some special tables
when viewed by specific browsers that can exploit some specific viewing
paradigms.  And if there is merit in doing so, it's worth exploring what
those mean, whether they offer something of value to the user, and if a
clever browser can provided an interface that is simple enough to make this
easy to use.

And I think the answer is yes.  But it's a new concept we have not discussed
yet.

But we will....  :-)

--Ed