YMVSF - Yet more Valentina Studio Feedback

Ed Kleban Ed at Kleban.com
Fri Dec 23 16:36:29 CST 2005

On 12/23/05 2:44 PM, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:

> On 12/23/05 5:41 AM, "Ed Kleban" <Ed at Kleban.com> wrote:
>
>> VS could do something similar, or perhaps the more appropriate behavior is
>> to do the reverse.  Namely double-clicking on a record row header in an open
>> Data Browser either brings forward or opens a new window for viewing the
>> table, but command double-clicking instead changes the popup setting of the
>> current window to instead display the table clicked on.
>
> Right.
>
> You have come to idea which I have think about also.
> We use single data browser with 2 sections to navigate by chain of records.

That's the alternative you offer now.  But I think there is an even better
way, I'll propose soon.

>> VS could also go further and provide a tabbed window interface instead of
>> the popup table selector as do RB 2005, Safari, and Firefox.  In fact, there
>> may well be merit in providing an option for viewing the tabs in a
>> "last-referenced" rather than "first-opened" order -- similar to the order
>> of the breadcrumb listing at the top of a Docuwiki page for going back to
>> recently viewed pages.
>
> Yes, it needs to think about this .

If you haven't done so yet, you should read the post I made yesterday in the
RB NUG list on the subject:  "Re: Bookmarks".  Here I discuss the philosophy
of why "Bookmarks" in RB 2005 is a useless concept (for me that is as
currently implemented) and why instead I believe the better approach is to
provide improved support for the history mechanism.

The same reasoning there applies here to VS.