[VStudio] Some ideas on interface improvement

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Aug 23 13:27:40 CDT 2005

Hi All,
Hi Jochen,

After reading of mail from Michael, about [+][-] buttons,

We did have here some discussions how it must be in ideal,
And how it must be consistent.

At last of end Ivan have bring idea:

    Lets REMOVE at all these buttons under columns!!!!!!

And we have told WOW!!!!!  :-)

This really solve a lots of problem as current so future.

-------------------------------------
* all commands must work via Contextual menu.

* Jochen, main problem with these buttons are:

    - the first 2 columns have in fact 3 actions:
            create  open  close

      but 3 and 4th columns only 2.
      so they are not the same.

--------------------------------------
Another point of Ivan:

- look on empty browser window.
    * in the LIST VIEW -- you see top element -- DataSources.
    * but in column view there is no analog.

After some think we have decide that click on empty first column will show
contextual menu like click on that TOP tree element:

        Create New Database ...
        Open Database ...
        Connect to Valentina
        Connect to ODBC