Scripting in Vstudio

James Milne james.milne at mac.com
Sun Sep 12 13:59:21 CDT 2004

On 12 Sep, 2004, at 13:50, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> Hi Jochen,
>
> I have found this in xCode docs
>

> Scripting
>  A mechanism for performing operations and controlling applications or
> other
> software using statements written in simple, flexible languages such as
> AppleScript or JavaScript.
>

> ---------
> So it looks that on OS X we can now use not only AppleScript but
> JavaScript
> also.
>
> I have see how cool to use JaVaScript in the inDesign.
> Works on both platforms. Easy.

You've been able to use JavaScript in place of AppleScript for years
now.
You should research into the OSA (Open Scripting Architecture), which
allowed for this. There was JavaScript-AppleScript integration stuff
available for Mac OS 9.

<http://www.latenightsw.com/freeware/JavaScriptOSA/>

--
Kind Regards,