Importing a dump does nothing.

Jochen Peters j.peters at valentina-db.de
Mon Sep 6 20:10:59 CDT 2004

Hi Chuck,

>> Actually I finally got this working.  It will read the ODBC data
>> source but
>> it does not import correctly.  Here is what works and what does not...
>
> This is problem of Jochen :-)
Of course :-)

>> 1. I can load the data source and browse the ODBC DB
Good.

>> 2. I can copy the table structure one table at a time.
Good.

>> What does not work...
>
>> 1. Import never copies over any data.  I can browse the data in the
>> ODBC
>> database but import does nothing at all.  It never adds the data
Hhm - this is strange - i have tried it here with a access database and
it works. I will
try now with mySQL.
Chuck - i will release a new vStudio build shortly and i will fix that
problem!

>> 2. This is an incredibly tedious process.  It would be helpful to be
>> able to
>> clone the entire DB in one step (data and tables)
Yes - of course! I will add this feature!

> Yes, I belive this is our target and dream of many Valentina
> developers.
>
> You take FM, Access, mySQL db and click -> you have Valentina db.
Yes - !!!! And vStudio will do that. It can already import one table at
once - i will
improve that so that ALL tables are imported in ONE step.

Visit http://www.valentina-db.de/en/bestellen.html