V Studio Build 1.0a69 Crash Report [Addendum]

Chuck Pelto cbpelto at pcisys.net
Mon Oct 25 10:36:47 CDT 2004

Updated Information on Crash:

Crash occurs when I try to open a database from inside V Studio when
there is no currently opened database.

In the earlier instance, I had to close the window that opens by
default when launching V Studio. Otherwise, the Open Database item in
the File menu was in shadow. Once the default window was closed, the
Open Database item became available and I could select it. Then the
application would crash.

I tried again, in an effort to demonstrate the problem to my boss and
this time, the Open Database item was NOT in shadow. So I selected IT
and was able to get an Open dialog up. I browsed my way to the moved
database I tried to open earlier. I could see it. And I could select
it. I attempted to open it and got a Kernel error: -43 message this
time. This error occurs on any V database object I attempt to open.
Even those created with VAPP and manually inside of REALbasic.

Regards,

Chuck