VAPP and V Studio

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Oct 22 23:58:09 CDT 2004

On 10/22/04 11:50 PM, "Chuck Pelto" <cbpelto at pcisys.net> wrote:

> Ahem....
>
> ...as I was saying......
>
> ...I attempted to do this and here is what has happened....
>
> [Pelto-Computer:~/Desktop] cbpelto%  chmod u+x Valentina
> Studio.app/Contents/MacOS/Valentina Studio
> chmod: Valentina: No such file or directory
> chmod: Studio.app/Contents/MacOS/Valentina: No such file or directory
> chmod: Studio: No such file or directory
> [Pelto-Computer:~/Desktop] cbpelto%
>
> This was from the proper directory, where the application is currently
> located, the Desktop. I even tried it with a leading "/". But to no
> avail.
>
> What is the proper syntax, please?

I do next 3 simple steps

* open terminal

* type   chmod u+x

* drag and drop file
    Valentina Studio.app/Contents/MacOS/Valentina Studio

Into terminal window.

As result I get the next string

CHMOD u+x /Users/rz/Desktop/Valentina\ Studio.app/Contents/MacOS/Valentina\
Studio

You can see that in my string OS X automatically have escape the SPACE
symbols.

Press ENTER.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com