V-S Feature Request

Jochen Peters j.peters at valentina-db.de
Wed May 5 19:24:45 CDT 2004

Hi Rob,

> Hopefully the ODBC documentation will yield clues.
>
>> i am quite sure that there is nothing what i can do
>
> How about, after closing a data source, simply test for the .ldb file's
> existence & delete it if it's there?
>
> It may not technically be V-Studio's responsibility to clean up the
> file,
> but it could do the job anyway with 3-5 lines of code.
It is not so easy, Rob. As i have told in my previous mail:
For vStudio all ODBC-datasources are the same! vStudio do not have ANY
code special to Access. So - this must be added.
At first vStudio must determine the kind of ODBC datasource - this is
possible, of course -
then it must determine the Path to the database file - i am not sure
how i can get this - because
this is all handled by the driver! Of course there is a driver API -
well - but this will mean more
than 3 -5 lines of Code :-)

Anyway - i will look into this...