V-S Feature Request

Jochen Peters j.peters at valentina-db.de
Wed May 5 19:06:15 CDT 2004

Hi Rob, Hi Ruslan,

>> There is a feature I always wished ODBC_Valentina had, but since V-S
>> is
>> currently in development, it could be added. I would love to see this
>> feature! It's quite simple:
>>
>> When MSAccess opens an .mdb file, it creates a temp file of the same
>> name,
>> with an .ldb extension. When the file is closed, MSAccess deletes the
>> .ldb
>> file.
>>
>> When V-S (or ODBC_V) opens an MSAccess data source, the .ldb file is
>> created
>> just the same.
>>
>> HOWEVER, when V-S or ODBC_V close the data source, they DO NOT delete
>> the
>> .ldb file.
>>
>> So after using V-S or ODBC_V, I have .ldb files sprinkled around my
>> drives,
>> which I must delete manually.
>>
>> Shouldn't this file-deletion be quick to implement? What do you think?
>
> Strange.
>
> I think this file is created by ODBC driver itself.
Yes - of course!

> And it is strange that it do not clean up.
>
> May be something special must be made to make it cleanup.
>
> Jochen, I think in ODBC must be some kind of shutdown
Yes - and i already call this! Because this happens also in the
ODBC-utility i think it
is a driver problem...
Rob - problem is that Valentina Studio doesn't know anything special
about the
ODBC datasource. Of course it would be possible to analyse the kind od
ODBC datasource - and - if
is is Access try to determine the path and delete this file - but this
would be very BAD approach!!!
This must be done by the driver itself!

I will look again at the documentation of ODBC - but i am quite sure
that there is nothing what i
can do here...