V-S Feature Request

Rob Wingate rwingate at visual-book.com
Wed May 5 11:51:16 CDT 2004

Jochen & Ruslan,

There is a feature I always wished ODBC_Valentina had, but since V-S is
currently in development, it could be added. I would love to see this
feature! It's quite simple:

When MSAccess opens an .mdb file, it creates a temp file of the same name,
with an .ldb extension. When the file is closed, MSAccess deletes the .ldb
file.

When V-S (or ODBC_V) opens an MSAccess data source, the .ldb file is created
just the same.

HOWEVER, when V-S or ODBC_V close the data source, they DO NOT delete the
.ldb file.

So after using V-S or ODBC_V, I have .ldb files sprinkled around my drives,
which I must delete manually.

Shouldn't this file-deletion be quick to implement? What do you think?

Thanks,
Rob