[Valentina-studio] valentina app / valentina studio

Jochen Peters j.peters at valentina-db.de
Tue May 4 11:59:37 CDT 2004

Hi Kurt,

>> > 2. Request
>> > I very miss some comfort when writing select statements.
>> > There should be 2 popups in the editor
>> >
>> > one for the tablenames in the db
>> > and one for the respective fieldnames of the table
>> >
>> > selecting a name in the popups inserts the name at cursorposition of
>> > editor
>> >
>> > AND a check box where i can switch the 'tablename.fieldname' writing
>> Yes - i know. Well - maybe i can just add this for the next build.
>> Note that I am currently also writing a "visual SQL builder" like we
>> have
>> it in Access...
>> >

> Very good. I think much work.
Yes :-)

> This is 'comfort'-editor. I'm waiting.
> so we will have 2 sql editors (basic and comfort)?
Yes - for now i call the basic one "SQL Editor" and the comfort
one "SQL Builder".

Idea is that people without knowledge of SQL can make queries per
drag & drop and some mouse clicks. Professional can use
the SQL Editor which allows ALL kind of SQL queries/strings - but of
course he must enter it "by hand". But - i agree with you that we should
have some popus here to make life easier.