[Valentina-studio] [FEATURE] search and sorting in data browser

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Jan 21 11:57:40 CST 2004

on 1/21/04 11:42 AM, Jochen Peters at j.peters at valentina-db.de wrote:

Hi Jochen,

>> Another important feature missing -- search and sorting in data browser
>>
>> When I open data browser
>>
>> 1) I must be able do SORTING
>>     a) on single column by click on header
>>     b) on few columns -- by special dialog as in FV and VAPP.
> Agree.
>

>> 2) I must be able do SEARCH without SQL.
>>
>> for this you should open us Search Layout (as in FM).
>>     it is possible to have few different search layouts.
>>     And then VS can offer us DEFAULT layout,
>>     and later ability design own.
>>
>> I hope you see idea
> Yes - i see.
> I think very flexible search dialog is in Finder - where you can add
> several
> conditions by clicking on the "+" button...

As for me, I not very like this...button game

In VAPP I see in DEFAULT dialog all fields (including BaseObject methods
If flag is ON).

May be you can later provide few ways on choice of user.

-------
Also always I dream about Finder's live search.
Problem is that I have no idea how to make it for Table search -- because we
have MANY fields.

May be

        [popmenu on fields of table]    (whattosearch__)

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com