[Valentina-studio] Alpha 1.0a36 Win uploaded

Jochen Peters j.peters at valentina-db.de
Fri Jan 16 15:09:41 CST 2004

Hi Kurt,

>> Well - it's time to buy a G5 - isn't it? :-)
>
> I'm searching for a sponsor. What's with you ?  :-)
:-)
What kind of Mac do you have? Just use XPostFacto - it's great - you
can run OS X on unsupported Mac's
with it. I have a old machine here (PowerMac8500) which runs Jaguar
without problems...

>>> whole 'vsPrefsDB' folder is deleted. After that every thing works.
>> Yes - this is a known issue! You MUST trash the whole vsPrefsDB
>> folder!!
>> The reason for this is that i am currently don't have a routine that
>> updates old
>> vsPrefsDB's - because it will only makes sense after the first stable
>> 1.0!
>> Currently the prefs db is changing too often....
>
> Agree, trashing db is ok but why trashing the folder ?
Well - very simple: vStudio creates a new db if it does not find the
folder :-)
Of course this will change - but during Alpha time it is ok.

>>> Schema Browser
>>> 	Icon view doesn't work
>> Correct! I have disabled this one because i want to implement a
>> complete new
>> UML like view in this. I am not sure if i will implement it in the
>> first 1.0 - maybe UML
>> will be a feature of Valentina Studio Professional...
>
> BTW: What versions of vstudio are planned ? (names/features/prices)
We are in the process of disussing this. This will be made public when
we go
Beta. Maybe Lynn Fredricks can tell you more about this point.

>> ObjectPtr editing is not implemented - but double should work - i will
>> check that!
>
> Just to append: Date editing doesn't work too
Ok - i have added this to my ToDo list...