[Valentina-studio] Alpha 1.0a35 uploaded

Jochen Peters j.peters at valentina-db.de
Tue Jan 13 20:32:48 CST 2004

Hi guys,

i have just uploaded Alpha 1.0a35 - Mac Build. I am now testing the
Windows Build - i will upload
it tomorrow.

Here are the news from a35:

Version 1.0a35
Date: 01/13/2004
==============
- fixed: several "low level" bugs
- fixed: field flags for boolean fields in Property Inspector
- fixed: TAB now works in Connect dialog
- fixed: crash when closing db with open databrowser
- fixed: additional space in Lingo Codegenerator removed

- Valentina 1.10 integrated
- Valentina Client 2a55 integrated

- speed up of DataBrowser and SQL ResultSet
- Methods are now shown in DataBrowser and result sets (Read-Only and
grey)
- numerical data in property Inspector are now stored immediatly
- "Create Database" dialog is now the same for server and local
Valentina database
- using one connection for several open Valentina Server databases
- Valentina Server databases are now shown immediatly when opening
connection

- browsing of ODBC database data with DataBrowser and SQL Editor!
- Import from local and Valentina Server databases into local and
server databases - including pictures!!!
- Importing from ODBC datasource into local or server Valentina db now
works!
- Setting pictures in DataBrowser!!!
- Delete button in DataBrowser works now

As you can see one of the main work was done in the ODBC plugin. We can
now not only browse
the structure of any ODBC database but also we can browse the data in
all tables!! So - you can use
the DataBrowser for ODBC databases now in the same was as you do it for
Valentina databases. And: You
can also use the SQL Editor in the same way - you can now execute ANY
SQL command against a ODBC database.
Because of these new ODBC features the Importer is now more powerfull:
It is now very easy to import data from ANY ODBC database into local
and server based Valentina databases.
(Note: BLOBs are not yet supported)
The Import between Valentina local and server databases was also
improved - now pictures are supported!

In the Databrowser it is now possible to set picture fields! To do so
you must first click once into a picture
field - as soon as you see a blinking cursor in it you can drag any
valid picture file from the desktop to the
field. After that you must press return. Valid picture files are:
GIF, TIFF, JPEG, PCX, PNG, BMP, XPM, ICO
Please note that the GUI will be improved for this :-)

Another nice new feature of the DataBrowser is that Valentina methods
are shown now. They appear in grey in a
read-only column.

http://www.valentina-db.de