[Valentina-studio] forward-only cursor ?

Jochen Peters j.peters at valentina-db.de
Thu Feb 26 12:54:44 CST 2004

Hi Marc,

> if I want to import data from an ODBC datasource with VS-Import-Wizard
> I always get an error message "This datasource only supports
> forward-only cursors".....
> What does that mean?
>
> My datasource is an Access MDB defined as a User-DNS which I can open
> within VS. Also when opening the VS-data-browser I get this error
> message.......
Hhhm - i must check this. Maybe i use the ODBC connection in
random-access mode - and this will not work for sources
which only supports forward only cursors.

So - ODBC with MS Access works for you, Marc? What system are you
running? What Windows version etc.
I ask because Rob has difficulties to with ODBC and MS Access...