import structure of database? or table?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Aug 9 19:05:55 CDT 2004

On 8/9/04 6:34 PM, "Holly Bogossian" <holly at roundboxmedia.com> wrote:

Hi Holly,

> Hi,
> I have created a relational database in FileMaker Pro v6 (Mac) and
> would like to move it to a Valentina DB.

Ok.

> It is a rather complex DB
> with 12 tables and multiple foreign keys, indexing, sorting, etc. I
> have figured out how to import data into an already existing
> Valentina database.

I think all we dream about special utility which which will be able in one
mouse click import into Valentina dbs from fileMaker, Access, mySQL, ...

Jochen, I think it will be great to have such functionality in Valentina
Studio.

> Here are my questions:
>
> 1.  How do I *create* a database without having to manually  create
> the tables/fields and all their relationships?

> 2.  Can I import the structure?

I afraid no.
Valentina can recreate structure only from own XML file.

Can FileMaker produce some kind of SQL dump with commands
    CREATE TABLE ?

If yes, then I think this can helps a lots.

> 3.  Can the data and the structure be imported together or is this a
> 2-step process?

2 steps.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com