Data Import

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Aug 2 20:00:11 CDT 2004

On 8/2/04 7:27 PM, "Anna Kritselis" <akritselis at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to inport my access database and am not having any luck.

Using what way ?

I recommend 2 ways

1) using ODBC Valentina utility

2) using Valentina Studio (also ODBC)

3) using simple TEXT export in Access and import into Valentina.

> I had found a VB Script that generates SQL Create/Insert statements for SQLite
> using a MS Access database.  I modified it with Valentina-syntax in hopes it
> would work with viSQL or Studio.  If I execute each statement one at a time,
> it works.  If I cut and paste all the create statements for the tables, it
> doesn't work.
>
> I was hoping to put create statements for all my tables in the sql window
> -this sample works for one table at a time :
> CREATE TABLE Assignments ( AssignmentID ULong, Description String(255),
> ClassID ULong NOT NULL, Exam BOOLEAN, GradePct ULong, Points UShort NOT NULL )
>
> I can deal with that, but you can tell me if there is a better way.

In fact I have told that you should in REALbasic write functions which
create tables.

You will write it once, and most probably you will use it often.

Valentina Studio promise to create tables and fields automatically,
But it cannot do this yet as I know. Yes Jochen?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com