[Valentina-studio] Re: VS don't launch in my Mac [solved]

Daniel FLEURY daniel.fleury at free.fr
Thu Apr 15 11:00:54 CDT 2004

>Hi Ruslan,
>
>>>  Maybe there was a problem with the download or unstuffing? What version
>>>  of
>>>  Stuffit expander do you use?
>>
>>  Oh!!!
>>
>>  Yes Jochen!
>>
>>  Remember I have the same with Stuffit 7.0
>>  I was need upgrade to 7.0.3
>Ahh - yes! I have in mind that there was something concerning stuff it...
>Well - this can be the reason!
>Daniel - please update to newest Stuffit Expander and try again!

Hi Ruslan and Jochen,

yes, it's a stuffit expander 8.0 problem ! Fixed with 8.02  :-)

"- StuffIt Deluxe 8.0 caused a problem whereby applications would not
run if they were expanded from archive formats that do not preserve
UNIX file permissions. In earlier versions of StuffIt Expander, this
problem did not occur because the UNIX "execute" permission was set
on all files as they were expanded. StuffIt Deluxe 8.0.2 restores
that feature. "

Thanks,
Daniel