[Valentina-studio] Feature list for Valentina Studio Admin 1.0

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Sep 25 22:09:59 CDT 2003

on 9/25/03 9:29 PM, Ramin Firoozye at ramin at wizen.com wrote:

Hi Ramin,

> Sorry Jochen I didn't send this earlier. I'm just catching up to email.
>
> Great list of features you have so far. I had a few more suggestions. I
> haven't tried the latest version of Studio, so I don't know if these are
> already there or not. If they are, or they're just plain stupid, please
> ignore me (:-)
>
> - Export/Import to XML.

Well, this is more feature of kernel than of Vstudio.
And as we have told before, we need improve XML support in Valentina.

> - Dump/Restore in text format (for database replication/backup).

Again, kernel and Server feature,
As result => feature of Vstudio even for desktop dbs.

Igor have work on this task about year ago, but it is on hold now until new
kernel.

> - Display detailed statistics on databases, tables, users, processes, etc.

Yes.

For example, we have told with you Jochen, about general kind window
    Task Manager that show progress all tasks of Vstudio/Vserver
    and allow if needed cancel any of it.

> - Add/remove compression and/or encryption.

Encryption exists right now .
Compression I think also via flag.

> - Ability to copy/paste table data and structure from one databases into
> another.

Yes, and be drag and drop :-)

> - For server DB, I don't know if there will be users and privileges, but if
> so, then it would be nice to be able to manage them too.

Of course. Like in MS Enterprise Manager

> And in the "would be nice" category:
> - Add-on tools to do database analysis, validate tables, compact DB, etc.

This is feature of kernel.
Vstudio have right now menu commands on this.

> - Ability to specify an XSLT 'filter stage' during import/export so data can
> be transformed.

Yes, this is part of ODBC import export as I know.

> - Web-based interface to studio (a la PHPMySqlAdmin).

I think this is not feature of Vstudio but feature of Valentina family
itself.

> - At least on Windows, a COM interface to Studio so it can be embedded in
> apps or browser and/or scripted.

Yes, this is needed:
    AS for scripting on MAC
    COM for scripting on WIN