[Valentina-studio] Feature list for Valentina Studio Admin 1.0

Ramin Firoozye ramin at wizen.com
Thu Sep 25 11:29:13 CDT 2003

Sorry Jochen I didn't send this earlier. I'm just catching up to email.

Great list of features you have so far. I had a few more suggestions. I
haven't tried the latest version of Studio, so I don't know if these are
already there or not. If they are, or they're just plain stupid, please
ignore me (:-)

- Export/Import to XML.
- Dump/Restore in text format (for database replication/backup).
- Display detailed statistics on databases, tables, users, processes, etc.
- Add/remove compression and/or encryption.
- Ability to copy/paste table data and structure from one databases into
another.
- For server DB, I don't know if there will be users and privileges, but if
so, then it would be nice to be able to manage them too.

And in the "would be nice" category:
- Add-on tools to do database analysis, validate tables, compact DB, etc.
- Ability to specify an XSLT 'filter stage' during import/export so data can
be transformed.
- Web-based interface to studio (a la PHPMySqlAdmin).
- At least on Windows, a COM interface to Studio so it can be embedded in
apps or browser and/or scripted.

Okay thanks.
Best,
Ramin