[Valentina-studio] Kernel error : 4 & loaddump

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Oct 28 16:35:04 CST 2003

on 10/28/03 14:27, Steven Ophalvens at silversoft at skynet.be wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I don't know if this is the place to post this, as I already have a
> similar thread going on the Valentina list, but I take no
> chances with the NDA, and post it here.
>
> It seems that I have a database that the client has somehow
> corrupted. When I use the Valentina studio or V4MD to do an XMLdump,
> that works, but then doing a loaddump gives me a 'Kernel error :4'.
> Using V4MD I also get an error 4. The database gets created, and
> some data is restored, but not all. I presume that it gets restored
> until the point where the error occurs.
>
> Any idea what this might be? Or how to get around this?
>
> Thanks in advance !

Hi Steven,

1) I have made dump from VAPP and try load,
    VAPP show error that at line 4931 present bad text.,

    I have open in text editor and see 2 bad symbols.
    I have delete them.
    Save file.

    Now XML load works fine.

2) I can send you fixed db.
But note, I think some records have lost data.

3) in future please make as URGENT requests when you need help to your
customers. I need differ such requests from development requests that can
wait even a week.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com