[Valentina-studio] [DISCUSSION] Improving column view

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Nov 27 20:11:36 CST 2003

on 11/27/03 8:00 PM, Eric Forget at forgete at cafederic.com wrote:

> Hi Jochen,
>
>> Please let me know what you think would be better or how we can further
>> improve it.
>
> Sorry to came late on the discussion. Here is the opinion of someone who's
> specialty has been to design GUI for the last 10 years.
>
> The GUI layout
> --------------
>
> 1) Do not try to imitate the Finder. The Finder allows you to browse
> homogeneous items: files, folder, disk, etc. It never allows you to edit the
> content of a file.
>
> 2) Looking at Address Book will be better. Although it is very simple, since
> there is just 1 table.
>
> 3) There is no reason to have the database browser and the table browser in
> the same window. There is 2 possibilities here:

Eric, what you mean with Table browser?
We mean for this -- browser of records in the table. Like in VAPP.

This opened SEPARATE window in Vstudio.

Eric, I wonder, have you download Vstudio and play with it ?

>   a) Separate windows for each database.
>
>       Pro:    Allows comparison between databases
>       Con:    Clutter the screen if there is a lot of databases opened
>
>   b) Unique window for all the database. However, only 1 database is
> visible at a time. You may allow to open multiple window like that one, to
> keep the "pro" of a). I believe this is the best solution.

I believe Vstudio support both this ways.

You can work in one window

But you can open second, third , ... Browser IF you need.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com