[Valentina-studio] VStudio a4 Comments

Alex Lim lxlim at pacific.net.sg
Thu Jun 19 04:57:17 CDT 2003

Hi there,

Just got hold of VStudio. My background is in using filemaker. Looking
at alternative possibilities. Valentina does look very attractive
option. Could any of you point me to the design objectives of VStudio?
Is it meant for general consumption? Like a filemaker killer? Or is it
meant to as a DBMS for DBAs with no niceties for interfacing with the
users.

Looking at Vstudio current interface, I was wondering if an outline
view is more effective and compact in representing
Connections:Database:Table:Field. Of course if we have lots of Tables
with lots of Fields then it does make for a long listing.

Will you have a table view (spreadsheet style) to populate with records
from SQL queries?

Alex