[Valentina-studio] [ANN] Alpha 7 Win build available

Jochen Peters j.peters at valentina-db.de
Tue Jul 29 14:11:35 CDT 2003

Hi Kurt,

> Here my first experience in unordered sequence
>
> System: Win NT 4
>
> Added snapshot of query and crash: <<Hardcopy.zip>>
You mean you have pressed the button "Make snapshot" ?
This is not implemented yet! :-)

> - several sudden crashes with no rule (e.g. whens witcing to sql editor)
It would be great to get this a little bit more precise. Crashes occurs
mostly if you click onto
SQL editor window? What was the active window just before? The result set
window?

> - many crashes using sql queries(especialy on second run when first run
> matches  records)
Ok - will look into this.

> - in the result area no dates and numbers where shown
Yes - this is a known bug. The display routines are not ready, yet. I am
searching for a good
solution to display pictures..

> - there is a huge height of the rows, though there are no blob fields (see
> snapshot)
Yes - this is a tmp solution to play with pictures - see above.

> - there is no vertical scrollbar in result window of query
Ok.

> - there is no closer in prop window
Ok - will ad one.

> - crash when opening second schema browser
Always? For me it works.

> - in icon view the width of the window should be used if size of window
> changed
???
> - the distance between the icon should reflect the length of
> field/objectnames (long names are cut)
> - the vertical scroll bar don't reflect the size of content
Yes - will be fixed.

> - in list view there should be a connection to prop inspector if clicking
> on
> field in  right pane
Correct.

> - in the right pane of list view there should be a method column
Yes - currently not implemented.

> - a special icon for objptr field would be fine (may be even better an own
> icon for the different field types, at least for the main groups -string,
> number, date, bin, blob, txt, pict-
Very good idea!

> - selecting a field in left/right pane should hilite it in the other one
Ok.

> - in column view there should be smaller icons to see more content
Yes - next alpha will contain smaller icons.