[Valentina-studio] Non-SQL record browser

Klamp, Kurt Kurt.Klamp at abdnb.bayern.de
Mon Jul 28 16:05:42 CDT 2003

Hi Ruslan , hi Jochen

let me summarize and supplement the discussion upon 'Record browser'

- there is one tool/window to browse records
!- there are two modes of using --> table browsing/ SQL query (can be
switched e.g. by a toggle button on top of window)
- intern it works always with cursors
- in table browsing mode we can select a table and in result area are the
recs of table
- in Query mode we can input an sql string and result area shows the found
recs
- at bottom of window is a button to add a additional pane (both modes)
- the second pane depends on selected data of first pane and shows related
data (if possible)
- second pane has popup which offers possible related data in other tables
!- the add pane button remains on bottom of window and we can open a further
pane which has the same behaviour as second (withd depedancy to data of
second pane) so we can have a link chain over more than 2 tables.

Is this the way ? (the lines with ! are new suggestions)

Best,
Kurt