AW: [Valentina-studio] Non-SQL record browser

Klamp, Kurt Kurt.Klamp at abdnb.bayern.de
Mon Jul 28 14:47:43 CDT 2003

> > and now i do a query in first pane like 'select * from person, results
> where
> > points>50
> > Why not see in second pane the linked data to first pane record like
> > 'select * from adress where person.recid=objptr_to_person' without
> entering
> > this sql string, because for each record in first pane there can be
> > found/linked data in table 3 ?
>
> Well, this  kind of query may be yes.
>
> EACH record of JOIN TABLE still can remember RecID of original table.
>
> > Even if there is a aggregate function like
> >
> > select name, (count date), sum(points), avg(points) from person, results
> > group by name
> >
> > there is the same possible relation of each record in the resultset to
> table
> > 3.
> >
> > At least i think so.
>
> For this query NO.
> Here we CANNOT know ReCID, because each row of result table is RESULT of
> calculation from FEW records of original table.

But calculated FEW records come from Table 2 and GROUP (field Name; could be
Person.recid too) parameter comes from table 1 and is not ambigeous. So EACH
record of RESULTSET can remember RecID of group field of table 1.

Instead of

select name,count(.....

i can even write

select person.recid, count(......      Group by person.recid

its the same.

I aggree that this doesnt work if the group parameter is not unique.

Best,
Kurt