[Valentina-studio] Re: Picture support works!

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Jul 22 22:23:39 CDT 2003

on 7/22/03 22:10, Jochen Peters at j.peters at valentina-db.de wrote:

Hi Jochen,

>> I think you have made some scroll area?
>> Because pictures can be of different size.
> No - my current approach is:
> The bitmap will be scaled when it's size is bigger then 64x64 pixel -
> if you double click on it you get a
> window with the original size bitmap.
> So - in the record window you will get thumbnails of the pictures -
> only if you double-click on one picture it will be
> shown in a new scrollable window.

Oh! this is great idea!

>> You can also look if it will be hard implement dragging of picture file on
>> Vstudio window to add picture to db.
>>
> Yes - i want to do that - i am thinking of having an editable record window -
> like a spreadsheet.... Because the record window is based on a cursor i can
> only do this if the cursor is not read-only - and of course i must take record
> locking into account here....

Aha!

Then may be in your SQL editor window you need add 3 checkboxes

    1) kClient - kServer side cursor

    2) kReadOnly, kReadWrite

    3) kForwardOnly, kRandom

Then user when do SQL query, will be able control locks for records.

-----------
Jochen, then I think we can have even 2 (!) SQL Editor windows!

First window is for SELECTS only. It will have e.g. That 3 checkboxes.
Second window will be for other commands, i.e. SQL Execute.

Sense to have such 2 windows -- is that each window will have controls only
needed for that commands. Also they can have little different behavior.

---------
Jochen, have you see Safari ?

I very like their idea of opening of new windows in the new TAB.
I believe we can use the same in Vstudio.

For example, I do 10 SEELCTS, but I will get not 10 windows, but just one
window with 10 tabs.

-----
Another form/way of displaying of cursor results.

1) I open "SqlSelect window"
    type query, execute it

2) result of query is displayed NOT in new window, but in the second TAB of
THIS window...so I can analyze results...then if I need I just click on
first TAB of this window and return back to original query.

This way will allow easy ATTACH cursor results with original query.
In fact we have this in viSQL, because Query pane is above results pane.

You want give more controls -- menus of functions, and so on to help to
user, so we can use TABs to hide QUERY CONTROLS after query. But still have
then close to our fingers.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com