[Valentina-studio] Request SQL SUM() for V4MD VCursor, creating new Methods, Error 351 by opening SQL Editor, no more connection to Server 2a51

bkueffer at dplanet.ch bkueffer at dplanet.ch
Thu Dec 18 22:44:12 CST 2003

wrote:

>> ----
>> Opening SQL Editor allways show Kernel Error 351 even with no database
>> loaded or database without VarChar Fields
> So - you can't open the SQL Editor???? Strange! Because this error
> means: corrupted VarChar!

It was just the error message, when clicked away everything worked fine.
SQL Editor could be opened, no problem.

> Is this a XP issue only?

Right, for me it looked like it is XP only. But for the reason that
I installed on XP an older Beta before and on Win2000 (with no error
message)
Valentina Studio 1.0a22 was the first install.

>>>I have see this also!
>>>To FIX It needs go to folder home/library/preference
>>>And trash Valentina studio prefs -- folder vsPrefs it seems.

Deleting vsPrefs solved the problem, also for me.
Hint for all with trouble to find it (like me... ;-) ) on WINDOWSuser
machines  find it there:
C:\Documents and Settings\MyUserAccount\vsPrefsDB
(same for German Systems: C:\Dokumente und
Einstellungen\MeinBenutzerAccount\vsPrefsDB )

>>>--
>>>Best regards,
>>>Ruslan Zasukhin      [ I feel the need...the need for speed ]

So, this was just a small beta issue in Valentina Studio, with the Prefs
remained from older betas
but to come back to SUM() for V4MD VCursor
Ruslan, what do you think?

And for Valentina Studio again:
The Data Browser is great, since we can input Data even better,
And when we could se the values of calculation fields also here, then it
will be best!
(maybee grayed out so we can see the difference to fields where changing
values is possible)

For the SQL Output Tables it would help me much to see the values of Obj.Ptr
Fields also.
My workaround actually is,
that i have to add to every Obj.Ptr Field a calculation field in the same
table
(with only the name of the Obj.Ptr Field in it) to give me the output of the
Obj.Ptr Fields
in SQL Query Result Tables.

The VStudio for Windows will be a great enhancement for Valentina,
It helps me already much!

Beat Küffer
Bözingenstr. 160
CH-2504 Biel
Switzerland
++41 (0)76 349 7434 info at beatkueffer.ch
www.beatkueffer.ch

Web-Design und Programmierung, Multimedia-Authoring.