[Valentina-studio] Alpha 3 build available

Jochen Peters j.peters at valentina-db.de
Tue Apr 29 10:42:27 CDT 2003

Hi Ruslan,
,

> 1) I was able create new db, tables and field.
>    close and open it.
>    all right,
>
>    but if I open other dbs that exist on my HDD, I see only
>    tables, but not see fields. Strange.
You must click on one table to see the fields in it - this must work.

> 2) I like Navigator. Really easy hump between tables when we have them
> many.
>

> 3) I wonder where you think keep in future diagrams like in Access?
I want to put it in the "icon view" - (the leftmost view button - not
implemented yet)
> 4) I do not like dialog to create field.
>    Yes it works, but it have minimal functionality.
>
> Or may be let it be such, but in the navigator, you should add more
> columns that show information about field. I want see for ALL fields,
> which is indexed, unique, nullable. Length, and all other properties.
Ok - yes - i have seen for example in "SQL Manager J for X" they have list
of fields with all properties UNDER the columns - but i am still thinking
if there is a better way. Please note that the list view is not finished -as you can see the list view has second column to show info about objects -
so maybe i can put these field infos here.

> In VAPP dialog Create Fields show this.
> In Access we see this in the Table like spead sheet.
>
> 5) keep in mind BaseObject methods (Stored procedures)
>    where you going keep them in Navigator?
In same column as fields - but with different icon...