Bug in 5.5.2 beta

jda jda at his.com
Mon Jan 6 12:47:26 CST 2014

Hi Ruslan,

I released an update of my app running 5.5.2 (updated from 5.4) and got dozens of users reporting problems. The issue is that when query the database and extract fields, the data from a previous record can "contaminate" the data from the current record. For example, if record 1 has a name field containing

Donaldson, E. Talbot

and the second has the name

Drout, Michael

I'm getting

Drout, MichaelTalbot

I'd report this on Mantis, but

1. This only happens under certain conditions that I've so far been unable to reproduce.
2. I can't get this to happen with Valentina Studio.

But if it definitely a Valentina issue -- if I downgrade to 5.4 the problem goes away.

Does this bug ring any bells? You say a 5.5.2 bug fix release is on the way. Is this a known bug that was fixed?

Jon