Data Export - More file formats?

DMW consult at excelkb.com
Thu Sep 12 11:14:19 CDT 2013

  Hi all,

Are there any needs among the list members to export data to MS Excel?

Some other similar tools like VStudio offer data export in various file
formats. For instance, DBVisualizer offers the following:

CSV
HTML
TXT
SQL
XML
XLS
JSON

Some may argue that MS Excel is not available on the Linux platform.
However, even if that's true it exist Office suites like
OpenOffice, SoftMakers Office Pro and Libre Office are all fully capable
to read Excel files, both "*.xls" and "*.xlsx".

Export to MS Excel files is a basic option and therefore I suggest it
will be added to VStudio.

Of course, we can have a similar discussion about Data Import so I also
suggest import from Excel files should be added too.

Kind regards,
Dennis M Wallentin

XL-Dennis Blog: http://xldennis.wordpress.com/