[ANN] Build 'night_build' uploaded -- IF we can use night builds? How safe?

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Wed Nov 20 05:01:59 CST 2013

On 11/19/13, 9:18 PM, "DMW" <consult at excelkb.com> wrote:

Hi Dennis

> Ruslan,
>
> You keep a high speed by producing new builds every night. Very
> impressive!
>
> VStudio will probably reach #1 position for me.
>
> I may have missed some comments about it but can we use the builds in
> production?
>
> The b says it's beta but so far I have find the components I use to be
> stable.

Well, night build can be very broken - generally speaking.

Even we make a beta build, we see some logical finish in some tasks.
Night build is automatic build from the current SVN snapshoot.

So should be used only by some active beta testers,
which understand what is going on at a current moment.

If we have time of adding many new features -- it can be more often
broken...  If this is time as know - near to release -- then most probably
it is stable, but adds latest small fixes ...

------

After 5.5 release we immediately switching to GIT.
We have spend many time preparing team to this step.

After that we should get much better production process,
thanks to different developer and release branches.

What will happens with night build after this ... We will think yet.
Most probably they will be build from development branch ...
Otherwise there is no sense in night build...